Sunday, January 12, 2014

Travel Nursing: Assignment #5

I know, I know I am missing some numbers in between 3 and 5 but after an extension in Albany which we will call assignment #3a and then two local assignments (Not real "travel" assignments) I am bypassing those numbers for #5!




#5 
Greenville, South Carolina
@
Greenville Memorial Hospital

Oh how I have missed the days of a Level 1 Trauma center and all of the adventures that come with it! I am so excited to be back in a hospital like the place a grew into the nurse I am today. There is nothing like home but for anyone who has ever worked in a hospital you will quickly learn how different each experience can be and how being a trauma hospital changes the game completely. This assignment has all the potential in the world to be outstanding...well there is this one lil, tiny glitch... 
NIGHT SHIFT....
Let the sleep deprivation begin... (I apologize in advance)

With every new assignment there comes challenges; new coworkers, new town, new housing, new everything really, but some challenges are easier to over come... NIGHT SHIFT will not fall in the easy category. But I must admit I am blessed beyond measure this assignment because I am traveling with 3 wonderful nurses of which are also dear friends from the Medical Center. God, is looking out for each of us on this one because none of us are NIGHT SHIFTERS but yet we have each other to get us through it.

This first week has been quite a challenge getting everything completed for GMH as well as for Soliant and on top of it all get a South Carolina Nursing License. As of Friday I believe everything has been completed; including furnished housing for Mel and I! Yes, I have even been blessed with a fantastic Godly woman as a roommate! God continues to pour out his blessings and love in ways I could of never expected! 

We have been out of the Days Inn now a full 24 hours and are loving having a place to come home to.   It is a spacious two bedroom apartment that suites our needs wonderfully. It has been absolutely wonderful right down to the timing of checking out of our hotel and the timing of being to move directly in! Praise the Lord again and again for orchestrating all of that. Mel nor I could take another set back and He came through at just the right time!

Now to explore this new fun city I find myself in... we have already visited the bridge downtown (pictured above), visited a fantastic Church that Mel found for us by doing a google search, and most importantly we have found all the important things: whole foods, REI, target, trader joe's, and even my favorite of all favorites....ANTRHOPOLOGIE!!! I think Greenville and I might get along quite nicely!

No comments:

Post a Comment