Monday, February 2, 2009

God is teaching me...

As my undergraduate college journey comes to an end I find that God is teaching me more now than ever before.

God has recently opened the door for me to start a Bible study for a group of girls. Tonight was our first time together and God never ceases to amaze me in his ability to orchestrate exactly what I need. I never believed that I would learn more from these girls than they would learn from me but I already have. Tonight we started with sharing our lives with each other, openly and honestly sharing all of life's joys and sorrows, are mistakes and our victories. We met on common ground, encouraging each other, crying with each other, laughing with each other. Our lives are entertwined in ways I did not think imaginable.

I have been study Malachi in my quiet time and as a group we decided that is where our journey together would begin. God recently lead me to this incredible little book that gets looked over. Through the few short pages that make up this Old Testament book I have been convicted and loved by the Lord in mighty ways. He talks about the priest and how their sacrifices were not the best and through this I have been convicted that I have not been giving God my best. He has been getting my leftovers instead of a plate made for the King. I am thankful that my God can continue to forgive me for the same things over and over again. I have so much yet to learn and though this is in some ways a scary thing I am so excited to see what is waiting around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment