Monday, April 27, 2009

It is with an overwhelmingly joyful heart that I get to share the testimony of a lifetime...

The Sunday before Easter my world came crashing down as my parents delivered the news that I had been wait listed for the nursing program at Georgia State. I was hurting, feeling as though God was no longer in control and that I had missed His purpose and plan for my life. Graduating in just a few short weeks with NO plan for tomorrow. My job and housing in Milledgeville would remain intact until the end of July but then the unknown burdened my life like the spance of the ocean. Looking off into the horizon there was a dim future, one I had not imagined. Little did I know that in the midst of my tears of sorrow and doubt God was preparing the way for me...

M. Cagle, family friend, called that same Sunday extending an invite to Easter brunch. This was uncharacteristic because for the Cagle's Easter was always a family occasion. Mom of course accepted the invitation graciously. M. Cagle during her invite mentioned that her aunt the Deen of students at Mercer Atlanta and former RN would be at brunch as well. To M. Cagle, who had no idea of the struggles I was going through with nursing school, she simply thought good conversation would flow through the group.

After a brief introduction Dyes, Deen at Mercer, and I were deep into conversation about my passion for nursing. I went into detail about my struggles and my disappointments. My dad stood close by almost acting as my wing man (Thank you dad for your silent encouragement, for your questions at all the right moments, and for your never ending confidence in my abilities!) supporting and leading the conversation into even deeper bowels. Dyes was an incredible encouragement, reminding that perseverance is key to obtaining the goal. Little did I know that Dyes was providing me with a jewel. Vines a coworker and friend of Dyes is the Director of Admissions for nursing at Mercer. Dyes gave me Vines' email address and told me I should contact her with the information I had told her today. An email turned into a phone call, which turned into an application process, which led to God opening the door He wanted me to walk through...

"CONGRATULATIONS! You have been accepted into the nursing program at Georgia Baptist College of Nursing of Mercer University for the semester FALL 2009. You have the opportunity to become part of a distinctive tradition of nursing."

This all happened within a matter of about three weeks...God is so incredible...His timing perfection.

The coolest part to me about this incredible act of God in my life is that through it all someone else was being just as blessed if not more blessed than I was. M. Cagle was responding to a tug on her heart by the Lord when she invited us for brunch. At the time NO one except the Lord new about the events that would unfold. As I tearfully told M. Cagle of my acceptance into nursing school there was silence on the other end of the line. Finally I could hear the soft russell of a woman with tears streaming down her face. Tears like those shed by the woman washing Jesus' feet. They were tears of remembrance of who He is, tears of a thankful heart, tears to testify. M. Cagle needed this blessing from the Lord, she needed to be used by Him in a mighty way. Thank you M. Cagle for being so willing to answer the call of the Lord. You were not just a pawn in the eyes of the Lord but a willing vessel to be used by the King.

"I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment