Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Today is another day...

Today is another day, a day filled with hope in what seems like a hopeless point in life. Hopeless may not be the best word because in reality the world lays at my fingertips just waiting for me to grab hold and conquer what lies ahead.

Easter Sunday in all its overwhelming glory brought about a renewed since of perseverance in my life. As I stood in the kitchen of close family friends and met some of their extended family God paved the way for hope to be restored. The quiet conversations, the laughter, the popping of champagne bottles filled the background noise of a conversation that might just change my future. CCD the dean of students at Mercer Atlanta listened intently as I poured out my heart about my passions and my disappointments. Her words simple encouragements with one large grain of hope...the email address of the director of admissions for Mercer nursing school. An email later, a phone call, and one incredible God opened the doors for me to apply for the Fall '09 nursing program at Mercer.

The future is still uncertain but just as in Lamentations 3 where Jeremiah reminds us that the sorrows of yesterday bring the hope of today!

I can look back on yesterday and see all the Lord has done and know that his faithfulness is new EVERY morning. He hears our cries and answers but just as our parents for so long have heard our cries and answered it's not always the answer we desire.

I've not been guaranteed entrance into Mercer and have not even been given a false hope on human terms but on the terms of my Heavenly Father I am given hope through remembrance.

1 comment:

  1. new post, new post. new post!

    update, update. update!!!

    Love you and am so proud of you, your testimony and your faithfulness!

    ReplyDelete