Sunday, December 19, 2010

I begin with a tribute...

I begin with a tribute to the woman who reminded me that my Creator made me a fighter...



I met Patricia Fields a mere 9 months ago at the onset of a devastating diagnosis but I would quickly learn that she was a fighter. The Lord's timing is forever perfect and he knew that I needed Pat in my life at exactly this moment and in the same way he knew she and her family would need me equally as much. I am forever indebted to the legacy of a woman who may never know the impact she had on my life...

The following is an excerpt from a letter I wrote to Pat's oldest daughter...
It has been my utmost privilege and honor to have had the opportunity to know and love your mother. the things Pat taught me I believed to be unteachable and the life experiences she gave me is nothing short of priceless. I remember sitting on her hospital bed one night reading the Bible to her and thinking what an amazing privilege it is to read scripture to such a matriarch. Connie, your mother was a true woman of the faith. a mother that would not stop fighting so as to continue being the mother she needed to be. Pat reminded me to laugh in the midst of the storm and to be at peace with the plan of the Lord. She taught me to be a fighter to never succumb to what life throws at you but to be strong in the faith knowing he is forever faithful...
Thank you for welcoming me with open arms and for letting me be a part of the intimacy of the end. You will never know how much that meant to me. Pat may have proceeded us in death but she left behind the most powerful model of a Godly woman that any person would long to be privy to. I grew to love Pat dearly as well as you and the rest of the family! I know that this is simply of the beginning of a great and wonderful friendship and that I am bounded to you and your family indefinitely!

Patricia Fields thank you for reminding me I am a FIGHTER...

A fighter for those who can't fight for themselves


A fighter against the distractions of the enemy who tries to pull me away from my calling


A fighter for all that I deserve as a daughter of the King

2 comments:

  1. fight-fight-figggght!

    I love it and am so glad to see you back. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need incredible friends like you to continue to remind me to fight daily so I never give up or give in...

    Love you my friend

    PS it feels so good to be back!!!!

    ReplyDelete