Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Often or Offen..

Often or Offen...

a word in the south spoken as "offen"

One night, this little word that is used so frivorously in everyday conversation became very intriguing as racequ and I pondered the difference in the way the word was spoken and written...after much conversation we decided that we should silence letters in other words and the one that stuck for us was "awe-ome" better known to the rest of the world as awesome. This new pronunciation of this classic adjective has even made a debut thousands of feet in the sky on a recent skydiving adventure. We use it "offen" and even correct ourselves when we slip and say awesome with the "s" instead of "awe-ome"!



So, you are asking "why blog about this now?" well...today racequ asked if I remembered what word led us to the creation of "awe-ome"...I had no idea...A few hours later the phone rings with racequ providing me with the word often as the answer to the question...and so with that I decided that I needed to document this word so as never to forget its origin again!

2 comments:

  1. yes. yes. yessssss. love this!

    hey what was that other word you shouted when they plane almost dropped out of the sky??? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If my memory serves me correctly it was acutally a phrase "Oh shut the front door"...

    but then again we do have a video so I think what might of really been said was "OH SH**"

    never a dull moment when we are together!!!

    So skydiving 2011?!? maybe it will become a yearly tradition!?!

    ReplyDelete