Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Reigning in the mind of a fighter...

Reigning in the mind of a fighter seems to be an impossible task...





As graduation nears, once again, I have opened my future to the wealth of possibilities for the next step. I have known for so many years now that God did not ordain my life for a white picket fence in the suburbs but instead for a life of great adventure sharing his name with all I encounter. My heart never seems to be at peace unless I am in motion for the Lord. Every part of my selfish being wants to stay here in the city I love...get a great flat, furnish it with shabby chic furniture, have drinks with the girls several nights a week, fall in love, and strive to move as high as I can on the job ladder...but if I were to choose such a life I would be missing out on all the Lord has to offer. I would never be at peace with anything around me and at some point would more than likely self-destruct. Instead I am currently looking for nursing jobs in South Africa, Cape Town specifically. The Lord has already been faithful in so many ways by providing incredible contacts with a wealth of information. Though this journey will be excruciatingly long and hard I am prepared to FIGHT until success is achieved. At some point I plan to further my education more (a masters or nurse practitioner degree in public health, two great programs at Emory) but for now I will see what the Lord has in store across the big blue sea!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment